22 January 2016
D-EYE Raises 1.5M in Funding
D-EYE Srl, a Padua, Italy-based startup that has developed a “digital eye” into the state of the human body, raised €1.5m in funding.
Founded in 2014 by ophthalmologist Andrea Russo and led by CEO Richard Sill , D-Eye designs and manufactures mobile sensing and examination devices, along with companion applications, that enable mass health screenings and data collection to improve access to vital health examination services. The company also develop and operate a cloud-based system that enables telehealth applications, and aggregates and analyzes health screening data to provide insight into individual conditions as well as trends across patient populations.
The first product is the D-EYE Portable Retinal Imaging System, which focuses on eye care.
D-EYE also has offices in Pasadena, CA.
The company intends to use the funds to finalize and launch the cloud technology and complete its offering already including the device and the app, already acquired by over 1,000 physicians globally.
Read more (external link):
- D-EYE Raises €1.5M in Funding (http://www.finsmes.com/)
- Arriva il primo investimento ufficiale di Invitalia Ventures: 1,5milioni a D-EYE con Innogest (http://startupitalia.eu)
- Innogest, Invitalia Ventures e Fondazione Cottino investono 1,5 milioni di euro in D-EYE (http://www.ilsole24ore.com/)
- Innogest-Invitalia Ventures, investimento 1,5 mln sulla start up D-EYE (http://www.iltempo.it/)
- Digital eye tech startup D-EYE raises funds (http://techclack.com/8699)
- Startup, primo investimento di Invitalia Ventures con Innogest: 1,5 milioni a D-EYE (http://www.economyup.it/)